Sunday, June 22, 2008

Recipe of the week

After much contemplation on ways to spread my vast wealth of knowledge on food, I have decided to post a recipe every weekend in order to enlighten the multitudes of readers that may be lacking in the kitchen.

Trust me when I say that these simple recipes will impress even the most discerning palates and leave you looking like whoa.

So here tis...

Grilled Jalapeno with a cream cheese and sausage stuffing

Ingredients:
- 10-20 jalapeno's. get the bigger ones from the market, you'll want to stuff them as much as possible.
- 8oz philadelphia cream cheese
- 16oz sausage roll. I use Jimmy Dean, you can use whichever you prefer.
- salt, pepper, paprika
- 1 bag of shredded cheese. again, use the type of cheese you prefer.

Directions:
- remove sausage from its wrapper and place in a mixing bowl. mash it up, sprinkling the salt, pepper, and paprika in as you go.
- place bowl in microwave and nuke in 2 minute intervals. After each nuking session, remove bowl and mix the sausage around some more to evenly cook it. once cooked thoroughly, set aside.
- take your jalapeno's and cut the tops off. gut the insides out and throw them away. make sure to get all of the seeds out. set aside
- take your cream cheese and mix it into your bowl of sausage. mix it as much as possible.
- using a small spoon, begin to stuff your jalapeno's with the mix. get as much as you can in there.

Grilling:

- I use a wire mesh basket when I grill these. It allows me to prop them up vertically keeping all the stuffing inside. While they are cooking, I sprinkle the shredded cheese all over them. You literally want to coat them.
- Grill until you think they are ready. The sausage should already be cooked from the microwave so you're fine there. Just make sure the shredded cheese is melted.

bon appetite folks

1 comment:

EJ Chang said...

mmm mmm sounds good! I just may have to try it!