After many months of viewing family and friend's blogs, I have decided to strike out on my own. Knowing that I probably don't have much to say that's worth the time spent typing it, I still feel compelled for some reason to get my thoughts and experiences immortalized through the ethers and can only hope to one day log in and see that someone has left the highly sought after "comment".
For the multitudes who have never had the privilege of meeting the Big Chin, I can only describe myself as the wannabe renaissance man, always looking to master the next new and shiny thing, only to discard it as soon as something else shinier comes along. There are the few exceptions of course. What once was a hobby of loving all things related to Texas A&M sports has developed into a maniacal obsession. It is all-consuming and I find it often intrudes into anything else I have going on. I truly believe that the day we win a national championship in football will be followed by the Rapture.
I am lucky in that I have a beautiful and patient wife to share this and many other things with. Shari blessed me with her hand in marriage almost 4 years ago, and despite my many imperfections she has stuck by me. She is perfection though, even with the flaws that we all have whether big or small. Her patience with me, always supportive and giving despite my occupation that offers little in return. I have married well above my station in life.
We'll see how long this new and shiny toy lasts. I definitely don't lack for an opinion on anything and everything, but you never know when something else bigger and better will grab my attention. As the title says, always one for the road.
Cheers folks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment