Kings of Leon
I got word of this band from a buddy at work after mentioning how stale alot of today's music is. Not alot of originality, mostly just music made for the billboard top 40 and TRL crowd. It's not that I'm some kind of music snob that watches "High Fidelity" everyweek, the music is just not that good to me.
So my buddy plays me some of KOL's music and I am immediately blown away. It was a mixture of southern rock, blues, punk, and something else I can't even label. The lead singer's voice isn't the American Idol crooner's typical voice. It's got an edge to it and he manipulates it to mesh with the music instead of overpowering it.
So if you're looking for something not necessarily new, but definitely not what you'll hear on your local top 40 hits radio station, give it a listen.
Start with:
Slow Night, So Long and Four Kicks off the "Aha Shake Heartbreak" album
or
Knocked Up and Fans off the "Because of the Times" album
happy listening...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment